7 Jul 2013

Les-Fest 2013 with Bisongrass

Les-Fest 2013 with Bisongrass. 

This set of photo's are the documentation of Bisongrass from late Saturday night through to the Sunday night. We were only at the festival for a day really. Bisongrass played on the Sunday afternoon and got a good crowd while also playing a stormer of a set. 

The band were awesome enough to bring me a long to snap some photos and document the short time we were there. Overall I have a bout 200 odd photo's which ain't bad for the amount of boozing we did. As you can see there are some pretty funny photographs from the get go. The first shot is very blurry due to me laughing so much but I had to include it. This set the tone for the rest of the weekend. 

Over the time we saw some good bands, some photographs I have included in this selection. For once the lights were not that bad from a photographers stand point. The dreaded red and pink lights were present but there was also a good mix of others which is quite rare nowadays, so that was good. 

Overall Les-Fest was a fun festival, plenty of good people and good bands, what more could you ask for. So check out the images below for some random fun shots, Bisongrass on stage and a few other bands I snapped along the way. Hope you enjoy. 

Cheers. 


Aaron getting the party started.


And again.........


......and again. 


Acoustic sets were played in this wee area. Also a nice little restaurant.


Having a little nap.


..........And again.


Doug getting a well deserved first pint after the long drive. Rest of us are all wasted by this point.


In the acoustic area, some pretty cool lights. I should have went back and got more shots. 



That's a lot of hair flying about.



Crowd were awesome all weekend.


eh cameras and stuff.



As close as we got to getting a band photo, minus an Aaron.







Piss break.


It was pretty damn dark at the back of the main stage.


Taff taking an imaginary photo. 



MC Lookin on.




The lights were really cool from the back, only problem is apparently a security guard was following me around thinking I was trying to get upskirt shots, can't a dude sit on the floor and photograph funcy lights in peace these days. 





This dude had some cool hair for photographing.





That yellow light made for some good silhouettes.


Me and Taff taken by some random.




Our driver Doug and Gandalf. This dude was awesome, I forget his actual name.



Fucking midgies.


Farmer back at the tent to end our first night at the festival


Aaron awakens!


Aaron falls......


........and again


A wee wrestling match in the corner. 


Taff playing Aaron like a musical instrument. I have a video of this which is hilarious. 


Last shots before I pass out in bed. This is our massive tree shelter, this thing was huge!



Above my tent, this is pretty much how I was seeing by this point.


DAY 2


MC cooking up a storm



Bacon and beer for breakfast, Bisongrass cook book coming soon.



See told ye, HUGE!


Taff getting set up just before the gig. 



Equipment room


Aaron and Farmer


Last minute prep


Incase the amps blow up, a replacement and a fire extinguisher 



Bisongrass On Stage

I also shot 3 videos so I only got a few songs to photograph the band but got a fair few decent one's in that short time.



























Some pretty cool light on Taff here.











Taff broke a stick and pretty smoothly sorted out the situation. 



















Stronger than all!






The light here is  so good, looks like a packet of fruit pastels. 



Bisongrass fans come in all ages. Little kid stage side with massive earphones on.











This pic should be a T-Shirt!



Decide for yourself on this one. 






Aaron's nature walk



Boring goat.




The other Aberdeen band, Estrella on stage, snapped a few. 











The many faces of James Dron







Mohicans make the best silhouettes. 











Aaron admiring the talent.




I believe this was the last shot in the venue before James and I decided to call it a night. 


This is what change from the bar looks like.


Not sure, this was in the photo's, must have snapped it on way home or something. It's random enough to be included. 


Our usual Tesco car park beak in Dundee. We all slept the journey back and this is the end.

Hope you like the photos, not bad for a day and a bit. 
Cheers again to Bisongrass for taking me along.

Check out Bisongrass facebook page here and give it a like:


My stuff here:





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You da man

Metalhomo said...

Your pictures give me a stuffy.

Andrew Kelly said...

I aim to please!

heavymetal kimchi said...

I remembered seeing u taking photos at the gig. You are my type.
I hope you like the back door.

Andrew Kelly said...

oh my what a great array of comments. I'm starting to blush!