12 Aug 2011

My Modified Lens Experiment.

My 50mm lens broke. It was my back up 50 and didn't cost too much so I had an idea to take it apart and see how I could modify it to get some interesting images. I had it in half and put it back together with some tape and other random things and now it takes some very interesting images. I went out today and took some images on the streets, it has a mind of its own but is controllable (kind of). 

I can't wait to shoot more with it, experiment and try some portraits. It is so much fun, much more fun than it was as a cheap 50. I have a Canon 50mm f1.4 which I use as my main 50 now anyways. Now I have a very artistic lens that can get very bizarre yet effective results to experiment with, Awesome!

Check out the images below, very dream like quality. The first one is my favourite out of the bunch.




No comments: