31 Jan 2011

Mum



I took this portrait a while ago, I think it was in the summer. I was having a look through my back catalog of images still to be processed and I found this. I was at home in the garden with my mum on a bright sunny day. Normally bright sunshine is horrible for portraits but luckily we have a huge hedge that in this specific spot diffused the harsh sun creating a lovely soft light that I knew would look great.

So when I stumbled across this image on my hard drive I was really pleased as I don't heave much 'Real' photographs of my family and this will be great photograph to have in the future. I think sometimes I'm looking around too much for something cool, weird and creative to photograph and overlook the simple things that actually mean something to me. I have a habit of losing myself in my mind while creating photographs, paintings or music and end up neglecting other things, only realising after the fact.

Anyway, seeing this image has opened up my eye's and from now on along with looking for weird and creative angles and subjects I will also remember to document the important things. This was a great sunny day at home, far away from the not so happy time I was having in London which I will now always remember and I will now always have this photo of my mum.

www.drewportfolio.com
andrew@drewportfolio.com

No comments: