17 Jun 2013

Fudge Award Winners gig At The Moorings Bar (featuring Deadfire and Bisongrass)

A selection of shots I took at the Fudge awards winners gig in the Moorings Bar, Aberdeen.
Featuring the awesome bands, Deadfire and Bisongrass.

This was the most fun I have had shooting a gig in ages. I experimented with weird lenses (as well as my usual go to lenses of course), DIY altered lenses, Wide angle lenses. Basically I just had a blast while photographing this one. Sometimes you forget to just have fun while photographing, especially in environments that are out of your control like gigs, weddings etc. 

The crowd and bands were totally into this one, awesome energy from both and while shooting video I was getting thrown around a little which actually suited the footage better than any steady/controlled approach would have. 

Anyway enough talking, here are some of the shots and a video of Bisongrass performing 'Square Turkey'
















































































Well thats's it. as you can see there are some pretty bizarre shots in that selection but hey you have to experiment sometimes. And what a gig the bands put on for us lucky folk who were present that evening. It was a very drunken affair if I remember correctly but one awesome night indeed. 


Bisongrass Facebook Page

Deadfire Facebook Page

No comments: