12 Mar 2012

My Time With The Iphone 4 So Far (Photography)

Recently I decided to upgrade from my old Sony mobile phone which I must have had for around 4-5 years as it was done. Everyone around me either has an iphone or some kind of fancy android thing. I wasn't really into getting one as all I did was text but then I saw all these awesome photographers getting great results from their iphone it seemed like it would be fun to just shoot with a phone and process on the spot rather than get home, load the images on to the computer and process in photoshop. Don't get me wrong I love my Canon 5D MK 2 and get great images from it but sometimes its a bit over kill to carry around and I've gotten a little sick of sitting in front of the computer for hours at a time looking through and processing images. So this iphone seemed like a good idea just to have as a pocket camera that would free me up from carrying around my SLR all the time. Yeah I could have bought a compact camera but I really didn't want to as they are overpriced for what they really are. With the iphone I could text, use the internet, send emails, shoot photographs, network and oh yeah don't forget about actually calling people.

Anyway I went for the Iphone 4, downloaded instagram and have since started to use it as my compact camera and I have to say I am very impressed, of course the quality is not good but for some shots who cares. It is so liberating being this restricted when it comes to controls and processing options. It kind of reminds me of when I shot a lot of film with my Vivitar Ultra Wide and Slim camera which had no controls but I always liked the results as you had to get really creative.

I haven't really shot too much yet with the phone but I am having a blast so thought I would post my results here as a sort of Iphone photography diary thing.

So here's some of the images so far:


Sandend beach as the tide is coming in.


A dull day at Sandend beach. 


Sandend beach through the long grass when the tide is fully in.


This is to the right of the beach. I love just wandering around here.



The highway at night.


Trees at the side of the road.


A very misty sunrise on the way to Glasgow.


Couldn't resist shooting this sunset. 


Part of an abstract painting I did.


Last light.


Rainy day on the way to Glasgow on the megabus.


Rain clouds with the sun trying to battle through. 


Rainy day giving way to some better weather.


On way home from a great weekend in Glasgow.


Cat just after the Mark Lanegan concert.


Ewan in The Moorings Bar, Aberdeen a few weeks ago. 






No comments: