27 Mar 2012

Monster Shark (Rough Instrumental Demo)




A Weird Little Song That I am Calling 'Monster Shark' (Kind of inspired by the book Tideland)

I spent an hour trying to make a weird little song. I was going for a raw, unpolished sound that was kind of melodic and had some sort of 'normalness' to it, not too much of a challenge eh. I try to blend reality with the surreal, I attempt the same things with my photography and illustrations. This was all one take tracks as I wanted it to be as ramshackled as possible without too much thought.

This was made with old broken down instruments, a crappy microphone and free music software. It is completely out of time, virtually nothing is in rhythm and nothing is played well, enjoy!



I like to dabble in other creative media besides my main passion of photography, I feel it opens up more creative doors in my head that I can then apply to any other media I choose, I highly recommend giving it a go. 


Oh and you can download the mp3 for free here 



Places to follow me online:







No comments: