15 Sept 2010

Abstract



I have recently discovered that I really love creating abstract paintings. I have always loved texture and colours but whenever faced with a blank canvas I would always feel the pressure to try and paint something such as a face, character or some kind of scene. I recently started to just splash paint around for the fun of it and just go with the flow with whatever mood or creative mindset I am in at the time. It is so refreshing and it feels good to get the mood and emotions out by splashing, scratching, throwing and splattering the paint around. The one downside is that I use a lot more paint now as I like to build textures and impasto effects, but its worth it. This is two abstract paintings I created yesterday.

www.drewportfolio.com
andrew@drewportfolio.com

No comments: