31 Mar 2011

Last Of The Country Gentlemen


JOSH T. PEARSON (London 2010)

I recently purchased Josh T. Pearson's debut solo album "Last Of The Country Gentlemen". I didn't know too much about him other than seeing him play in London in 2010 and being really impressed. Anyway I bought the album and gave it a few listens. In that few listens it quickly became one of my all time favourite albums which is a bold statement to make.

The music is country or I would say alternative country which is not a genre I listen to (I have always been a Rock guy). The songs are long but never uninteresting, they are sad confessions about his life and break up with his wife. Each song is a beautiful story that you even wish would last longer than 12 mins.

I then saw him play in Glasgow a few days later and was amazed at the performance, it is by far the best gig I have been to (I have been to a lot).

The album is now on constant play in my flat and when it finishes I find it hard to put anything else on that can match the mood and emotion. It is is an amazing piece of art and I think that he should get much more recognition. "Last Of The Country Gentlemen" is now my favourite album and will be for a long while, maybe until he brings out another record.

I urge everyone to give it a listen and if you have the patience to sit and listen to the record from start to finish and listen to the words you will not be disappointed.

http://www.joshtpearson.co.uk/


http://www.myspace.com/joshtpearson


www.drewportfolio.com
andrew@drewportfolio.com

No comments: